Has anybody had this issue: SMS Not Sending. After over 10 years with T-Mobile it may be time to switch carriers. After 10+ hours on the phone with tech support via phone calls and chatting nobody is still receiving my text messages even though they say sent. After hours, tech support said it was my phone after assuring them it was not (because I put family members SIM card in and texting worked fine) despite this logic they insisted I get a new phone to resolve the issue. Against all logic I bought a new $600 phone as predicted this did not solve the problem and they offered a whooping $50 credit for my new phone. The very nice rep at the store tried for over an hour to resolve issue with Tech Support with no success. The most frustrating part is that I am on my 3rd trouble ticket number. Once the trouble ticket gets escalated above regular tech support someone closes it out without confirming with me that it has been resolved. I am now on my 3rd trouble ticket #22254690 (In case you are reading T-Mobile). The very nice reps keep promising me that it will be resolved and not to worry. Very difficult running my business with people not receiving my text messages. Have checked every menu and setting on both phones, have tried 3 new SIM Cards and one new phone. Nobody at T-Mobile knows how to solve the problem.
    01-31-2019 01:08 PM
    Has anyone at TMO (at the store) checked the account settings on the SIM card that works, and set your account to the same settings (aside from the phone number)?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-31-2019 01:47 PM
    Are all the numbers you try to contact not getting texts? Or just iPhones by any chance? Your number might be linked to an iMessage account with no actual iPhone? Have you tried sending out a text via DIGITS (website or through another phone) and see if that works or maybe disabling DIGITS in case it's interfering with it? Seems like you are, but are you using the stock messaging app or a 3rd party one?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-31-2019 01:48 PM
    Has anybody had this issue: SMS Not Sending. After over 10 years with T-Mobile it may be time to switch carriers. After 10+ hours on the phone with tech support via phone calls and chatting nobody is still receiving my text messages even though they say sent. After hours, tech support said it was my phone after assuring them it was not (because I put family members SIM card in and texting worked fine) despite this logic they insisted I get a new phone to resolve the issue. Against all logic I bought a new $600 phone as predicted this did not solve the problem and they offered a whooping $50 credit for my new phone. The very nice rep at the store tried for over an hour to resolve issue with Tech Support with no success. The most frustrating part is that I am on my 3rd trouble ticket number. Once the trouble ticket gets escalated above regular tech support someone closes it out without confirming with me that it has been resolved. I am now on my 3rd trouble ticket #22254690 (In case you are reading T-Mobile). The very nice reps keep promising me that it will be resolved and not to worry. Very difficult running my business with people not receiving my text messages. Have checked every menu and setting on both phones, have tried 3 new SIM Cards and one new phone. Nobody at T-Mobile knows how to solve the problem.
    I have tmobile. When I got the phone, it was activated in the store and I was able to check it could make calls and texts. You said you just bought a new phone. Can't you do what I did?
    01-31-2019 01:56 PM
    Yes, 17 year T-Mobile employee at the store went through all steps of diagnosis and went through all the same steps with Tech Support I did. They went into all account settings in there system and say everything is correct in system and new phone.
    01-31-2019 03:29 PM
    All numbers are not getting text. I have used the stock messaging app and several third party apps including imessage. When sending to a sms based phone even iMessage does not work.
    01-31-2019 03:31 PM
    So you've tried your SIM on an iPhone? If it's been registered to iMessage that might be the problem. Or do your messages also get 'lost' via iMessage (to another iMessage user)? I would try to de-register from iMessage if this is the case, and would still try DIGITS just to see what happens...
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/
    01-31-2019 04:07 PM
    So you've tried your SIM on an iPhone? If it's been registered to iMessage that might be the problem. Or do your messages also get 'lost' via iMessage (to another iMessage user)? I would try to de-register from iMessage if this is the case, and would still try DIGITS just to see what happens...
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/
    Yup
    02-01-2019 06:24 AM
    Have you done the iMessage de-registration process?
    02-01-2019 10:58 AM