Why did ok google stopped working randomly

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I went to say "ok google" earlier today and the google assistant didn't pop up, even though I set it up and did voice matching without turning anything off. I tried to fix it, and when I went into Voice Input, I tried switching it off Google and onto Basic Google Recognition, thinking I could turn it off and back on. Well, now the Google button is greyed out and it wont let me select it as an option, so when I go into Voice Match, the Access with Voice Match is greyed out as well as the Unlock with Voice Match. I dont know what to do. I can still talk to the assistant when manually clicking the microphone, and I have microphone permissions turned on, so I dont know what to do. Please help!

Feb 1, 2019
Visit site
It wont allow me to select options under samsung voice input either. The specific one I was referring to with the google and basic google recognition can be found typing "voice input" into the search bar in settings and selecting the one under "lock screen and security." That will take you to the google/basic google recognition options

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't see those options in Lockscreen and Security, but that might be because I don't set up my Google Assistant to respond automatically on my phone (I already have speakers around me that do that, don't need my phone turning on whenever I say those words).

So, let's check the basics. Under Settings, go to Google, scroll down to Search,Assistant & Voice, then tap Google Assistant. There (make sure it's the right account), tap the Assistant tab and under the Assistant Devices section select PHONE. (Phew! Still there?) In there, in the 'Get hands-free help with Voice Match', are the two toggles there active (one to enable the hotword when the screen is on, one to unlock the device with it)?

Sep 28, 2019
Visit site
I don't know if anyone found a solution but it's been bugging me all day and I figured out how to fix mine. My notifications for Google were switched off. I have after switching it back on and restarting my phone I was able to turn on the greyed out option.

Hope this helped even if it is a long time ago

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech