I bought a Samsung galaxy j2 prime, it was something like 100 dollars, not really much but still some money.

I went to storage and the system was 5 gb and I had 3 gb that I could use. Very little amount, but I could live with that.

I downloaded some apps, checked storage, had something like 1,5 left. The next morning, it suddenly said 'not enough storage space'! Went to settings and looked, only 200 mb left. Overnight.

Used a sd-card of 15 gb to try transferring apps to the sd-card: didn't work. It said it was transferred to the sd card, but it was still on my internal storage AND on my sd-card.

I didn't have anything else on the device; no documents, pictures, video's or audio.

It's the android version 6.0.1

I've already searched for it on google and everyone is talking about the tree dot menu right above the settings of the sd-card, but I can't find the 3 dot menu at the sd-card, so that doesn't work.
    Does somebody have another solution to this? At this moment I don't even care how difficult it is, otherwise I'll throw away my phone.
    02-01-2019 12:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Certain apps can build up a lot of app cache and/or data pretty quickly, depending on how you use them (like Chrome and Google Photos). Show us a screenshot of the Settings>Storage menu: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register on this forum first. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html. You might also consider installing DiskUsage (if you're able to, considering how little space you have).

Moving an app to SD only moves a portion of it -- a sizable chunk of the app still has to remain on Internal Storage to function correctly.
    Mare2007 likes this.
    02-01-2019 12:56 PM
    Samsung galaxy j2 prime storage problem-screenshot_20190203-153014.png
    Samsung galaxy j2 prime storage problem-screenshot_20190203-153923.png

Here is a picture of my storage and my apps. I've already deleted some apps, so I could use the phone properly.
    I downloaded DiskUsage, (it was less 1 mb), but I'm not entirely sure how to use it.
    02-03-2019 02:45 PM
    Do you mean that you installed DiskUsage from the Play Store? If so, find it in your App Drawer and tap it to run. It should give more details about what's taking up your storage.
    Mare2007 likes this.
    02-03-2019 08:07 PM
    I downloaded it from the internet (uptodown). I found my App drawer and saw my apps, and I could click on them and then I went to settings and saw the app. What now?

Edit: okay, this is pretty useful, but it are still little amounts... I guess 8 gb storage is just not for me. My mom is going to take my phone (she doesn't use a lot of apps) and I am going to buy the samsung galaxy j4 plus with 32 gb.
    02-04-2019 10:30 AM
    Yeah, 8 GB is only good for very basic usage these days. I'm not familiar with uptodown -- is the Play Store not available in your area? I stay away from these 3rd party app sources -- the only one besides the Play Store that I would trust is Amazon Appstore.
    02-04-2019 02:18 PM
    Uptodown is a site where you can download almost all android apps. I've never got a virus from it. I do have the play store, but most of the time I can't download apps with it because I didn't have enough storage. When I download from the web (via Chrome) I can always download apps, even though I don't have enough storage, that's the only reason I use it.

Thanks for your help, and my samsung j4 plus is arrriving tommorow!
    02-05-2019 08:39 AM