Why do my phone chargers keep breaking??

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I had many phones and every time after a while my phone charger would just stop working all of a sudden, one day I would just plug it into my port and then it would not work. Sometimes it doesn't go in and I try to force it in and it breaks(that part might be my fault). I don't know if this is a problem with other people but it is for me and I need to know if I need to get a new charger or I can fix it my self.

I got a different charger from someone else and it worked for a while but then very recently I tried plugging in my phone and it wouldn't go in and then after trying over and over again it didn't work once I put it in. I really need help!

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've had a few cords fail after a few years of use, wires eventual break when bent too often, never had an issue with actually plugging it in.

It honestly sounds like you are rough on your devices, you should never need to force it to plug in. If still using micro usb perhaps you've accidentally tried to plug it in upside down, or you work in a dirty environment and the port gets full of debris. Maybe it's getting bent because you use the phone while it's plugged in putting stress on the connection.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds more like you're breaking the charging port in the phone, You can't "jam it in", you can't be rough with it. Those ports are held in by a thin film of solder - it you're rough with them you break a solder connection, then you have to have the port replaced.

Have a repair shop check the phone, to see if it's the charger, the cable or the phone. (And if it's the phone you'll have to have it repaired - by having the port replaced.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12