I have put a bunch of music files on my google drive. My phone can see these files. I can see these either by opening the 'Drive' app or by clicking on the 'Files' icon. From the drive app I can't seem to move the files at all. If I go through the 'Files' icon, then I can move the files, but only to the 'Downloads' folder. On the other hand, if I am not trying to move files, then I can see the following folders: 'Images', 'Videos', and 'Audio'. I can't even see the 'Internal memory > Music' subdirectory which I can see with the VLC app.
    Now on some level, I am fine making a 'Music' subdirectory in the 'Downloads' folder. However, this does not seem to work very well for the two music players that I have installed. The 'Google Play' app that I used before seems to act as if the only option is to play streaming music. VLC is a little bit more usable, but only in a very *** backwards manner.
    So I am wondering, how do I move my music from either 'Downloads' or my Google drive to the Music subdirectory?
    thanks
    Jack
    02-02-2019 08:12 PM
    First - never use Move, use Copy. Move is read/write/delete. If the particular app reads the whole file into RAM, then deletes it, then writes it, and the process blows up before writing, you've lost both the original and the copy. Doing it manually keeps the copy until you delete it.

Second, use a file manager - almost any file manager. Put music in the Music folder.

The most sensible way - to me - would seem to be /Music/Artist name/Album name, then in that album name, put all the tracks from that album. Go back to Music or Artist and do the next artist or album.

If you think of your music differently (genre, year, whatever), arrange t that way.

Copy all the files you want to put into a particular folder, go to that folder and paste. See if the copies are usable. If they are, go back to where the originals are, mark the ones you "moved" and delete them. (If there's a bad one, or if all of them are bad, you can always do it again.)

I wouldn't put /Music inside /Downloads. There are some circumstances in which everything in Downloads gets deleted. Start at "internal storage" or whatever the particular file manager calls it) and create a Music folder.
    02-03-2019 12:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which file manager app are you using? I like Total Commander, but Files by Google is also pretty good.
    02-03-2019 09:43 PM