My almost brand new (bought 14 days ago) LG K4 (2017) is acting up. Anytime I open an app it seems to kill every other app. For example if I'm looking at maps and then google search something when I go to open maps again it has to completely start up again. If I have the maps navigation running in the background and try to play a game all the sudden my directions quit on me. It can't even run a screen dimmer and game at the same time. When I go into my memory usage it shows
    Average memory usage for the last 3 hours: 121 MB
    Performance: normal
    Total memory: 0.88 GB
    Average used (%): 12%
    Free: 0.00 B

In memory used by apps Android OS tops the list followed by Google, Google play services, Chrome and Android system. Those specs are pretty much the same for 6 hours, 12 hours and 1 day.
    I don't know much about ram and memory but the average used and the free memory don't seem right. To top it all off my battery charges slower than molasses and if I'm using the phone while it's charging the estimated charge time from 15% is 4+ hours.
    I've tried a couple of different security and anti virus apps but they haven't picked up on anything. Any insight would be appreciated as this phone is driving me nuts and it didn't do this when I first got it.
    02-04-2019 04:39 AM
    Hi, you have only 1gb ram a 4gigs of memory. Delete all the apps you can, starting with the battery savers and boosters. You may need to run maps through a browser to have stability. Then clear the cache partition and reboot. Don't add anything unless you need it. Good luck
    02-04-2019 06:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! 1 GB of RAM is too little these days, and will only lead to frustration if you use a lot of apps. There are also plenty of apps that won't work on <1.5 GB of RAM. Do yourself a favor and look into getting a phone with at least 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage.

(BTW, the specs of your phone state that it has 8 GB of total internal storage, not 4 GB, but that's still not very much by today's standards: https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_k4_(2017)-8489.php)
    02-04-2019 07:46 PM
    I'm with the others on the RAM issue. You simply have too little. I would actually recommend a minimum of 4GB in a phone. That's what I have in my LG V20, and it's starting to push the limits due to my heavy usage. That means it won't be much longer before even moderate users start having issues, because resource demands are only going to go up over time. The more phone you can buy now, the longer it'll last you. Keep buying budget phones, and you'll keep having problems.

As for your battery, that may be unrelated to the RAM issue. It's very likely the battery is just getting worn out, especially if you regularly let it get to 15%. Ideally you'll want to keep the battery between 40-80% for the best overall life. Going outside that range can cause premature wear on it.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-04-2019 08:45 PM
    When you "open it again"., if you open it from the shortcut, it will start again, because that's ehat you're telling it to. If you open it from "Recents" it will pick up from where it left off.
    02-04-2019 09:17 PM