How to fix sync problem with Samsung and Google?

Feb 4, 2019
Visit site
I use Samsung calendar on my phone and google calendar on my desktop. It's always worked fine for years suddenly today I notice events are not showing on Google calendar.

I tested it and found that if I create an event in Google calendar it shows up on Samsung calendar.

However if I create an event on Samsung calendar it will not show up on Google calendar.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
When you create an event in the Samsung Calendar, are you sure it's being created in the Google Account you're viewing on the web and not to the Samsung account or just locally on the device?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So what I wanted to know is if you made sure that the events you're creating/modifying on your phone ARE saved to your Google account.

When you tap on an existing event, the third section should tell you which calendar the event is saved to. If you save the event to your Samsung account, it won't sync to your Google one, but because you have your Google account linked to your phone and are displaying all calendars, whatever you do on your desktop does get synced to your phone in your Google account. Does that make sense?

Unfortunately it seems that Samsung's calendar app remembers the last place you saved a new event to, so if you for some reason saved an event to your Samsung account, every new event after that will now save to that by default. If you save an event to your Google account, all following new events should go to the Google one by default, and so on and so forth every time you change a save location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke