I have a Elephone Soldier Cell phone. It's a great phone and in great condition. I bought this phone online and it's made outside the US. I've heard some of the advantages of rooting a phone and I'm wondering if I can do something with the settings to receive more service. I'd hate to get rid of such a good phone to someone who's only going to have the same issue. I've gone to a couple different service providers and with both of their SIM cards wouldn't work to receive any service. If you have any other questions about my phone I should be able to answer them, thank you.
    02-06-2019 01:57 PM
    Usually the frequencies a phone can use are determined by the hardware configuration, the "modem" used in the device. Rooting a phone will not change the hardware configuration. Sometimes they'll use a modem capable of frequencies beyond what they enable but enabling them is more than a software "hack".

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    02-06-2019 02:02 PM
    Hello, I'm the one who posted the question. I took your advice and I made an account. So, do you think I will be able to view if there are any frequencies that I can access that aren't enabled?
    02-07-2019 01:40 PM
    There's an advanced menu accessible through a service mode code entered in the dialer. You'd need to be cautious using that mode but I think there's a way to see what bands are available. I'm not sure you can do anything in there to enable the bands. That's an entirely different level of "hacking"...
    02-07-2019 02:44 PM