Dual Sim problem - suddenly Sim 2 won't work

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi! I’ve got a really weird problem with my double Sim – I hope I can explain it, I’m not very technical. Yesterday, I flew from England to Moscow. In my layover in Germany (where both Sims had signal) I switched mobile data from Sim 1 (my English sim) to Sim 2 (Russian), and it seemed fine. When I landed and turned my phone on again, Sim 2 has stopped getting signal – it’s detected, but it only lets me select 2g, won’t read mobile data, pick up signal, make calls etc etc.

I don’t think it’s the phone – Sim 1 works in both slots.

I’ve done a lot of the tests that the internet says you should do (Ping tests (which get a fail on IPv6), getting the IMEI code (which it gets), and so on), but nothing helps. When I check "Mobile Connectivity" in maintenance check-up, it simply says "Slot 2 - Sim not connected" and then tells me the IMEI, SIM Operator etc.

However, when I went to the phone shop to check today, they put my Russian sim in their phone, and it worked fine, getting signal and 3g.

So I’m in a weird position where my phone’s clearly fine (both slots work with Sim 1) and the Sim is fine (it works on another phone), but the Sim isn’t working in my phone. Does anyone have any ideas?

Now, here’s the rub – I think it may be a really simple problem. The middle-section of the Sim is slightly crooked and it doesn't lie flat. Could it simply be that? That the sim’s not lying flat in my phone? I wondered if, in the phone shop’s phone, it was pressed flat, whilst not in mine, which makes sense to me, but I’m not very technical. Other than that the sim works and the phone works, but together they don’t, and that’s really bloody confusing. Can anyone help me out, please?