I normally use my android phone to access everything. It's a Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime, but tonight I got on my laptop, opened my chrome browser, and at the top of the window on the right hand side I saw a yellow circle in it, with an exclamation mark in the middle. I had never seen it before, so I clicked on it, and it said " Auto Bcc for Gmail and Inbox was added remotely. I know what Bcc is in an email, but why would it say it has been added remotely on my chrome browser? Does anyone have a clue what that would be?? Help! Thank you.
    02-07-2019 08:32 PM
    Are those Chrome extensions?
    02-07-2019 10:06 PM
    I normally use my android phone to access everything. It's a Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime, but tonight I got on my laptop, opened my chrome browser, and at the top of the window on the right hand side I saw a yellow circle in it, with an exclamation mark in the middle. I had never seen it before, so I clicked on it, and it said " Auto Bcc for Gmail and Inbox was added remotely. I know what Bcc is in an email, but why would it say it has been added remotely on my chrome browser? Does anyone have a clue what that would be?? Help! Thank you.
    In the future, I recommend you don't left click an unknown item that appears on your computer. Right click, go to properties and examine the item. Maybe you can still do this.
    02-07-2019 11:08 PM
    Are those Chrome extensions?
    No, it wasn't a chrome extension. Just odd.
    02-08-2019 07:58 AM
    In the future, I recommend you don't left click an unknown item that appears on your computer. Right click, go to properties and examine the item. Maybe you can still do this.
    I didn't left click it, I just clicked on it. That's when I got the message. I have since found out that if someone knows you Google password, they can set up a bcc to themselves to receive a copy of every email sent or received. I just changed my password to something very long and difficult, and hopefully problem solved. Thank you.
    02-08-2019 08:02 AM
    I didn't left click it, I just clicked on it. That's when I got the message. I have since found out that if someone knows you Google password, they can set up a bcc to themselves to receive a copy of every email sent or received. I just changed my password to something very long and difficult, and hopefully problem solved. Thank you.
    That's disturbing. You should enable 2fa right away also.
    02-08-2019 09:18 AM
    I'd still review all of the Chrome extensions you have and see if there are any you don't recognize. Icons that appear at the upper right of the desktop Chrome browser are from extensions.
    02-08-2019 01:27 PM