despite reinstalling an app i keep getting stock android icon rather than the actual app icon, tries clearing storage and cache. nothing seems to work. i keep getting the green android logo despite several reinstall. installed the same app on my wife's android, the app icon appears fine. mine always the default green android icon. all other app i installed is fine. ie netflix you get the netflix icon. i tried deleting the folder using ES explorer. reinstall still same green android icon. Can anyone help. I have Oneplus 5 phone android ver 9
    02-08-2019 04:50 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which app, and from where are you installing it? The Play Store, or somewhere else?
    02-08-2019 02:39 PM
    And are you seeing the green Andy in the app drawer, the homescreen or both? (An app can uninstall improperly, leaving the icon on the homescreen, but at the next restart that becomes the green Andy icon. If you're on Pie [I don't remember if it appeared in Oreo], long-press the icon on the homescreen and uninstall - again.)

If worst comes to worst, you may have to back the phone up (see Backing up an Android Device), do a factory reset, then restore everything. (Just don't back up the app that's giving you problems - install it clean from the Play Store..)
    02-08-2019 04:00 PM