Ok really dumb question but I guess how I'm searching the internet it's not giving me the answer I need. Is it okay to switch off the Android app for running in the background. I switched it off for now but 2nd guessing myself if I should. Can't figure out really what it does but so far its eaten up 39% which I know a lot of people say it doesn't make a difference. My phone was at 100% at 5 a.m. I currently am sitting on 60%. I've use my phone 4 times today I have every at possible to sleep so it won't wake up the screen and doesn't run in the background. I'm kind of at a loss at this point in time
    02-08-2019 10:32 AM
    Android System is most of Android, so no.

However, you may be reading that 39% wrong - it's not 39% of the battery capacity, it's 39% of the total used by all apps. If not many apps are using the battery (say, because the phone's been sitting idle for hours), that 39% may be 39% of a total battery usage of 1% or 2% of the battery's capacity. In other words, 0.039% or 0.078%, of the battery.

If you're in the middle of an action game for a few hours, that screen may show 1%, or 0%.
    AmyC76 likes this.
    02-08-2019 01:10 PM
    Android System is most of Android, so no.

However, you may be reading that 39% wrong - it's not 39% of the battery capacity, it's 39% of the total used by all apps. If not many apps are using the battery (say, because the phone's been sitting idle for hours), that 39% may be 39% of a total battery usage of 1% or 2% of the battery's capacity. In other words, 0.039% or 0.078%, of the battery.

If you're in the middle of an action game for a few hours, that screen may show 1%, or 0%.
    I had an update a week ago and then here comes 5G. All of a sudden my battery just crashes. I can't even go a full day anymore. I've deleted apps I don't use, I've turned off most notifications as well.
    Then out of nowhere I'm now getting notifications that wake my screen up. I only wanted 1 app to do that and all of them must have cried Anarchy and revolted against me.
    I'm just at a loss. I honestly do not remember what I did last time this happened and I got it to stop draining.
    02-08-2019 09:59 PM
    1. That's not 5G, it's 4G LTE, but AT&T is calling it a form of 5G.

2. Uninstalling apps that aren't running doesn't save battery. If an app isn't running, it's not using battery.

3. Go through everything, turning off anything you don't want - notifications, mainly.

And expect that the phone will use a bit more battery in the first few days or a week after an update.
    02-09-2019 12:47 AM