I've had no problems with the spen before and have never put it in backwards- and that's what ALL posts seem to be about. However, it's now been a few months that it's been difficult to insert and remove the spen from the phone. To the point where I'm afraid I'll snap it. Usually harder to put it in than take it out. All I can think of is it's got some kind of dirt built up inside, but canned air does nothing and I'm not sure how else to fix it. Any ideas?
    02-09-2019 10:47 PM
    I've had no problems with the spen before and have never put it in backwards- and that's what ALL posts seem to be about. However, it's now been a few months that it's been difficult to insert and remove the spen from the phone. To the point where I'm afraid I'll snap it. Usually harder to put it in than take it out. All I can think of is it's got some kind of dirt built up inside, but canned air does nothing and I'm not sure how else to fix it. Any ideas?
    Take a little pen light and try to look it? The canned air might have pushed the stuff farther in.
    02-09-2019 11:18 PM
    That has happened to me before and in my case it turned out to be dirt and grime that has built up. What worked for me was I got a q-tip and lightly damped it with alcohol and cleaned out the inside. There was a lot of dirt stuck on the sides. Not sure if you want to try that. But just be careful, I leave the decision to your discretion. Good luck!
    02-10-2019 01:07 AM
    Duplicate threads merged
    02-10-2019 02:01 AM
    At very worst, if you can't get it cleaned with alcohol (don't worry about getting water inside the phone - alcohol absorbs water, it's not water itself - so you can soak the pen slot with alcohol if that's what it needs),you'd have to take it to a repair shop and have them disassemble the phone and clean the slot out.
    02-10-2019 01:20 PM