Which phone has the better camera
    02-10-2019 02:53 PM
    Depends on who you ask and what the specific shooting conditions are, but generally speaking, the Pixel 3is widely praised as having an awesome camera and processing chops like night sight.
    02-10-2019 03:15 PM
    Every other manufacturer is comparing their cameras to the Pixel camera, I guess they know best.

The Pixel has better dynamic range and better night sight. (Google had a chip built to process those things so the phone wouldn't hang for a couple of seconds while they were being processed in software.)
    02-10-2019 04:21 PM
    It depends what you want from a camera.

For someone with limited photography knowledge that just wants the best results from a point and shoot the Pixel tends to do a little better. It also handles HDR better.

If you want more control over your photos, or tend to edit them afterwards, I feel the S9 has the better camera software. It's HDR isn't as good but it has built in manual controls, a dual aperture, and a telephoto lens for better zoom in good light.

I prefer Samsung's camera, many others prefer the Pixel, they've both got great camera set ups to be honest.
    Golurk and ManiacJoe like this.
    02-10-2019 05:28 PM
    It depends what you want from a camera.

For someone with limited photography knowledge that just wants the best results from a point and shoot the Pixel tends to do a little better. It also handles HDR better.

If you want more control over your photos, or tend to edit them afterwards, I feel the S9 has the better camera software. It's HDR isn't as good but it has built in manual controls, a dual aperture, and a telephoto lens for better zoom in good light.

I prefer Samsung's camera, many others prefer the Pixel, they've both got great camera set ups to be honest.
    Completely agree!

I’m still confused when a lot of so called tech ‘reviewers’ claim that the Pixel 3 and P30 Pro are the best camera phones on the market...the Pixel 3 has been long outclassed by the S10 and S10 Plus.

Sure the Pixel 3 has great low light...but Huawei’s is even better. Apart from that the Pixel 3 is beaten pretty much in all aspects by the S10.
    06-17-2019 12:50 PM