Cannot set screen lock PIN or any other screen security method

bcehprx1

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site
My phone is a 1 month old Nokia 1 with Android 8.1.0. I often set and remove a screen lock PIN. The most recent time I tried to set a PIN it failed and there is no PIN set (Screenlock None). If I tap this to set a PIN, I get a screen saying 'Re-enter your PIN'. As I have not got one, there is no way to get past this screen. This happened once before, and the only cure I found was to do a factory reset. As the issue has now recurred, I need to find a better solution.

bcehprx1

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site
Thanks, but that doesn't work. It's almost as if the PIN was set to a null value, with the continue button disabled until you enter at least 1 digit. There is no limit to the number of times you can try.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
If you haven't already I would try clearing the system cache. I'm not sure how it's done on a Nokia but a Google or YouTube search should provide the steps.

Otherwise I'll be honest, I'm not sure what to try.

bcehprx1

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site
I thought I posted this, but it seems not. I tried clearing the system cache, but no change. I tried various screen lock apps, which did set a screen lock, but these can be avoided by restarting the phone! In the end, I did a factory reset again, set the standard screen lock PIN, which works on reboot, and set the smart lock to be off in the vicinity of my home. Not very satisfactory, but thanks for your help.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Sign out of all Google accounts. Clear the cache partition and reboot. Sign in to the phones primary Gmail /Android account. Go back to the Settings and try to select your lockscreen method.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol