Unlocked a LG G7 from metro pcs and put in a cricket SIM.
    I set up the APN and phone calls/data are working.

It won't let me call my voicemail, or download the visual voicemail app from cricket (play store says its not compatible with my carrier!).
    How do I access my voicemail, or download the app?

Is it possible to wipe the metro pcs apps?
    02-10-2019 07:51 PM
    You have a formally locked device and as such even though it is unlocked not all options may be available to you. This is the cause behind your app download issue, and there may be away around it but that would be something you would have to take up with Cricket to see if they have a solution for you. You won't be the first to have this issue so if there is a solution they will have it. I'm assuming that you are trying to call your Cricket voicemail as well, which again likely isn't recognizing your device as a Cricket device which again they should be able to resolve for you. I feel like I haven't really helped you much, just saying call Cricket, which I also feel like they should have taken care of when they unlocked and switched you over but that moment has passed. Anyway something helpful might be to get the Google Voice app. Everyone calls Google Now, Google Voice because you are talking to your phone but Google Now is your on-board assistant when you say "Hey Google" and ask a question and Google Voice is a voicemail and messaging service free to anyone with Gmail. It transcribes most voicemail messages to text, I say most because the caller has to be clear and understandable when they speak, it also offers you the ability to listen to voicemail messages, receive notifications through text on your phone and through email, forward calls to other numbers you may have. I want to stop here for a second, if you have a work number or business cell, or even if you just don't want to miss calls this is a great feature. You can have calls that are not answered by your main number sent to other numbers before going to voicemail so that you won't miss a call. Other great features are a second number, a Google number that you can give out and people can call or text this number just like it's your main number without the concern of giving out your actual number. You can set up individual voice messages for different contacts. So you can have a message just for grandma, and a another message for your BFF when they call and go to voicemail. You can send calls straight to voicemail without them ever ringing your phone. You can send call straight to a voicemail message and not allow them to leave a message. That's great for those people who you just DGAF about hearing from. It's all free, accessible from anywhere you can access your Gmail account, and has all of your Gmail account info built into it.
    02-10-2019 10:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Open your Phone app, tap Menu>Settings>Call Settings>Voicemail. Make sure the number for the Voicemail Inbox is correct for Cricket -- I think it's +18133823347
    VidJunky likes this.
    02-11-2019 12:57 PM