Galaxy Note 8 Phone book problems

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I switched carrier from Verizon to Consumer Cellular. Phone works fine yet it has 2 phone books. One appears to be from Verizon and one from Samsung. When I add a contact to one it does not transfer to both. Can I eliminate one?
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The location of the contact depends on where you saved them when you first entered them. It's usually a bit of a hassle to transfer contacts from one account to another -- it usually involves exporting the contacts to a .vcf or .csv file and then importing that file to the other account. I always recommend saving your contacts to your Google account instead, so that they get immediately synced to your Google Contacts in the cloud. Whenever you get a new phone, it's extremely simple to get all of your contacts, because they immediately sync to the new phone from your Google account.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's been a while since I've had a phone where I could save contacts to an account other than my Google account, so I'm not sure if there's a simple option in the app to remove a specific contacts account. You could always delete the individual contacts in the other contact list. Also, if you go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and select Contacts Storage, you could Clear Cache/Clear Data. That should erase all locally saved contacts, and as long as you synced your Google account contacts, those would sync right back.