I'm trying to record a video and my video recorder stops shuts off after 2 minutes
    02-11-2019 08:53 PM
    Have you verified there's enough storage space on the phone or SD card (whatever you have it set to save to)?

Does it happen when saving to internal storage, the SD card, or both?

Does it shut off regardless of which format you use? For example, if you have it set to save to the SD card, and you have a slow card, it may record a long time at a low resolution. If you try to record at 4K on that same card, it may not be fast enough to keep up and you run out of buffer memory.

Another possibility I've seen on another LG phone is specific to 4k video. The G4 had a hard set recording time limit of 5 minutes when recording 4k video, due to either a file size limit or to prevent overheating (I've seen claims for both reasons). So if this only happens with the max video resolution on yours, especially if saving to internal storage, then yours may have a time limit as well.

You'll need to create an account here to reply to this thread, but it'll help its narrow down your problem.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-11-2019 09:07 PM