I'm using a ZTE Tempo X with Android 7.1.1 The phone only comes with 8GB storage so you have to use a SD card for storage. I brought a brand new one from Amazon and can't get it to become "internal" storage. I click on Settings - Storage - and Save Location is grey as in you can't change it. When I click on the SD card the only options I get are Rename - Remove SD Card - Format as Portable - Migrate data. Hope someone can help me ASAP. I've been reading this thread for a while and can't figure this out. Making me feel like an old man at the age of 32
    02-13-2019 10:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Not all devices or manufacturers support Adoptable Storage (i.e., the ability to format an SD card as Internal Storage). Yours doesn't seem to be one of them. Your best option to maximize your available internal storage is to move all media files (photos, videos, music) to the card, and go through each app you have to see if they have options to use the SD card as the default data storage location.
    02-13-2019 11:07 AM