I just don't know where my passwords are stored on my phone
    02-13-2019 05:27 PM
    What passwords? Why do you think that they're stored in your phone? What have you done that makes you think that?
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    02-13-2019 06:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It would be incredibly insecure and useless to have passwords stored on the phone for anyone to access. Which password did you forget? In the future, if you're prone to forgetting such crucial information, write your password on a piece of paper and keep it somewhere secure, like a safe (but don't forget the combination).
    02-13-2019 08:02 PM
    Well the two previous commenters have valid points and without the answers to their questions it is difficult to answer such questions. Apps that store passwords, not password apps but the actual app that requires the password like a social app, may or may not store your information username and password on the device but likely employs a bit code that cannot be decrypted to identify you and connect you to your account. Then only requiring you to sign-in if you sign-out. If you are logging into sites while signed in to your Google account on Chrome you can access those passwords any time anyplace that you can sign-in to your Google account. Open Chrome, sign-in, open settings, go to settings and there you will find Who you are signed in as, which search engine you prefer, Passwords, Payment methods, etc etc etc. Under passwords you'll find any passwords you've saved to your Google account, as well as a list of sites you opted not to save passwords for.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-13-2019 08:49 PM
    Um...to all who responded, that's one of the most legitimate questions I've seen on here. And I'd love to know the answer too. I'm in the process of switching over to Samsung internet browser from Chrome. In Chrome, I can go to setting>passwords and all of my 600+ website username and passwords are there for me to view/edit, etc. I was able to find the websites I've saved in Samsung internet once but cannot find it again. Also, I was unable to view the passwords. Please advise
    09-25-2019 09:21 AM
    Um...to all who responded, that's one of the most legitimate questions I've seen on here. And I'd love to know the answer too. I'm in the process of switching over to Samsung internet browser from Chrome. In Chrome, I can go to setting>passwords and all of my 600+ website username and passwords are there for me to view/edit, etc. I was able to find the websites I've saved in Samsung internet once but cannot find it again. Also, I was unable to view the passwords. Please advise
    Samsung pass stores all this , go into settings and type Samsung pass in search bar it should show up
    09-25-2019 09:53 AM
    Passwords are viewable by you in Chrome because you're signed into Chrome with your own account and password, and it will still ask you to confirm that it's you (via password, fingerprint, etc.) when you try to view the actual password. If a physical file with your passwords were saved to your phone in a user-accessible directory (as opposed to a protected system directory), that would be very insecure, unless the file itself were password-encrypted.

I'm not aware of a way to import passwords from one browser to another. This is where a password manager like LastPass can be very useful.
    Laura Knotek and Mooncatt like this.
    09-25-2019 12:08 PM
    The best thing is to install a password manager, to keep all your passwords, not only to websites, but to everything. (A lot of people use LastPass, but I'm not too sure about their security, so I use Keepass2Android Password Safe, with the data file on Drive. [So I use the same data file on all my devices.])
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-25-2019 04:48 PM
    Sorry y'all. I don't get on very often. So when I go directly to samsung internet, my search engine is still google BUT I am not signed in. I disabled Samsung pass awhile ago and I can see some of the websites that Samsung internet has saved but the only option is to delete, not view. And to add even more mystery, samsung internet auto fills my username and password for many, many sites that are not in the previous explainer section. I'm happy about it. But then when it doesn't auto fill for whatever reason, I'd like to go find it and see it instead of "forgot password" option.
    11-26-2019 09:58 PM
    Trying to attach screenshots
    Not sure if it worked...
    Attached Thumbnails Where do I find my stored passwords on my Samsung j7, I don't no where they are stored-screenshot_20191126-210129_samsung-internet.jpg   Where do I find my stored passwords on my Samsung j7, I don't no where they are stored-screenshot_20191126-210018_samsung-internet.jpg  
    11-26-2019 10:02 PM
    You can find your stored passwords on the Samsung Pass app
    01-12-2020 07:59 AM