i had changed my pattern to pin on my s8 and it was longish pin and i cant rememeber it soooo 2 questions is it a thing that if u get it wrong so many times it wont let u enter if u get it correct and is there a way to bypass secure start up screen because i have forgotten my pin i can not pass it
    02-13-2019 09:46 PM
    Your thread will likely be shutdown because this question is felt to involve theft. But to answer your question it depends on the device if you'll be promoted to factory reset the phone and no if you get it right it will open. A factory reset is the only way around this problem tho.
    02-13-2019 10:44 PM
    Factory reset won't bypass security measures. As soon as the device connects it will be flagged as stolen and bricked.
    If you take it to a Samsung service centre with your credentials they may be able to help you...
    02-14-2019 12:54 AM
    Factory reset won't bypass security measures. As soon as the device connects it will be flagged as stolen and bricked.
    If you take it to a Samsung service centre with your credentials they may be able to help you...
    I didn't mean to make sounds as if this would bypass security. You will be able to enter the phone again with your Gmail info, provided you have the account info that was used when the phone was reset. But yeah if you don't have that info you've got a brick. I think if it had been reported stolen they carrier would have disabled the APN and even if you manage to get into the phone you'll never get service for it.
    Tim1954 likes this.
    02-14-2019 03:37 AM