Is there a way to lock USB port or a lot to tell if your data has been compromised

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Lock screen and two-step verification is all well and good, but what keeps someone from downloading your data from USB to computer with no way to tell.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You may have to turn on developer options. The how differs from device to device. For me I had to go into settings>about phone>software information>more and then tap on the build number 5 to 7 times. Then I had to agree to be a developer and confirm this by using my pattern lock. A quick Google should give you the steps needed for your device.

You might be just as happy if you plug your phone into a USB and choosing "charge" or choose data transfer but then choose "just one time". As long as you don't make it your default it will ask anytime the device is plugged in which option to use for this USB connection, and it is secured by the fact that the phone has to be unlocked in order to have these options and by default the phone will only charge unless one of these choices is made and they can only be made if the phone is unlocked... Not sure if you have an SD card but there is another vulnerability unless your device encrypts both your phone and SD by default. Some devices encrypt the device and not the SD. I have a Tab like this, which sucks because where are you most likely to keep the really big files? Just food for thought.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2