unfortunately com.someprocess has stopped.all processes

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i tried factory resetting it but surprisingly this has failed! the error keeps on appearing whatever i do. no apps are lost on factory reset, nothing is. it like factory reset doesn't even work even in recovery mode!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Which process is stopping, or is it multiple ones?

It's possible that some app you keep reinstalling is causing the instability.

Baskat4455

Apr 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I am having a similar problem

Phone: LG G6
Process stopping: com.android.phone

It stops every two to three seconds making it a pain to try and do anything and causing the phone to heat up rapidly.

Baskat4455

Apr 10, 2019
Visit site
It does persist after power down and restart. I haven't reset the phone yet as I am trying to preserve the contacts and photos for my mother. I was able to get into safe mode following the directions you linked B. Diddy.

With the screen on, press and hold the Power key. (Pass)
In the options menu that displays, press and hold Power off. (Pass)
Restart in Safe mode' displays, tap OK to restart in Safe mode. (Pass)
Upon restart, device displays 'Safe mode' at bottom of screen. (Pass)

The error continues even in safe mode, and com.android.message popped up once as well.

Sounds like you installed a App through APK that's not compatible.

She shouldn't have been able to as i never enabled developer mode and she only gets apps out of google Play. She did recently install a new puzzle app, Woody.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baskat4455

Apr 10, 2019
Visit site
It's ok , you having the same issue as the poster?

Yeah similar.

Phone: LG G6
Process stopping: com.android.phone

It stops every two to three seconds making it a pain to try and do anything and causing the phone to heat up rapidly. Like I posted above for B. Diddy, I can get to safe mode, but it still continues. Also I had com.android.messenger (i think) pop up and stop working once as well, but com.android.phone is constant fail every few seconds.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, not for the whole phone. I meant the app called "Phone." Go to Settings>Apps​, select Phone, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data (If possible). If you don't see the Phone app listed, you might have to tap Menu>Show System first.

Baskat4455

Apr 10, 2019
Visit site
No, not for the whole phone. I meant the app called "Phone." Go to Settings>Apps​, select Phone, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data (If possible). If you don't see the Phone app listed, you might have to tap Menu>Show System first.

The closest thing I can find is an app called "Phone and Message Storage"