Battery life on pixel acting dying randomly when it has charge?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi. New here. my Google pixel (original) has been acting very strange. I got a replacement about a year ago and this phone has been powering off randomly, though it will do it every time if I'm on Snapchat and under about 50%. I don't use Snapchat a lot. My battery, when alseep and not in use, can go from 70% to 10% in only a few hours. When it shuts off, it won't give me the screen with the dead battery, it will go straight to the Google startup screen and after making the "g" will go back to black. Sometimes, a flash will happen in the bottom left coteber if the screen. If anyone could help, it would be so appreciated! Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, it sounds like a failing battery. It's possible the replacement unit you got already had a well-used battery, but if you're in the habit of letting the battery drain to zero or near zero on a regular basis, that can also kill it relatively quickly (i.e., within a year). If you have Preferred Care, contact Google again and see if you can get another replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc