Fire HD8 files don't show in Win 7 Explorer

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I link my PC and HD8 with the lead that came with HD8. When I open Win Explorer on my PC "Fire" shows OK, but no files appear when I click to expand the HD8. contents.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I link my PC and HD8 with the lead that came with HD8. When I open Win Explorer on my PC "Fire" shows OK, but no files appear when I click to expand the HD8. contents.
You have to pull down the notification shade on the tablet, and enable file transfer (it will have a notification about the USB connection). Then, the files will show up in Windows.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You have to pull down the notification shade on the tablet, and enable file transfer (it will have a notification about the USB connection). Then, the files will show up in Windows.

I was wondering if that happens with a Kindle Fire. I see that on all Android devices, but when I looked at Amazon's help page on how to connect to a PC, it didn't mention the part about changing the USB connection.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if that happens with a Kindle Fire. I see that on all Android devices, but when I looked at Amazon's help page on how to connect to a PC, it didn't mention the part about changing the USB connection.

Yeah, it confused me at first too, but you do have to pull down from the top, tap the "USB charging this device, Tap for other USB options". Then change it to "Transfer files". Even though I've gone into developer options and set the USB to MTP mode, it still doesn't default to that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza