I have just purchased a chromecast to use with my OPPO a57 phone and its own internet. Each time I try to connect it tells me that my Wi-Fi network name is not the same as the chromecast. Any ideas? How do I find what my Wi-Fi network name is on my phone? Or is there an easier way around this issue?
    Allan, Tasmania.
    02-15-2019 08:27 PM
    Do you have an internet provider besides your cell phone? If not, it gets very difficult to set up a Chromecast as the Chromecast needs an internet connection for the stream, has to be on the same WiFi network as the phone BUT the phone is technically on that WiFi network.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    02-15-2019 09:04 PM
    If you do have internet and a WiFi router (you pretty much have to for Chromecast), and the phone and Chromecast are both close to the router (a couple of meters - and you can move any of them so they're all close), the phone and Chromecast should both connect to the same WiFi. But if, as hallux said, you don't have an internet provider and a WiFi router, it's just a bit more complicated. See How to use Chromecast without Wi-Fi.
    02-16-2019 03:43 PM