How do i keep my caches low on my apps an free up memory for internal storage

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have moved alot of stuff to my sd card but still my internal storage is high an my caches fill up quickly..what can i do to make room internally ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! See the tips in this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...y-how-deal-insufficient-storage-warnings.html.

You could frequently clear all of the app caches (either from the Settings>Storage menu, or by using a 3rd party app cache cleaner), but this will lead to more sluggish app performance, since the apps won't have that cached data available for easy access, and will have to build them up again.

In general, you're not going to find any really good solution for this. If it's feasible, consider upgrading to a phone with more internal storage (at least 32 GB).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When you used the Home button when you're finished with an app, the app keeps running (all Home does is run the launcher). If the app has anything stored in cache (and almost all apps make a lot of use of cache), when you turn the phone off, restart it, or Android needs the space and kills it, cache isn't cleaned out.

If you use the Back button when you're finished with an app, it cleans out its cache, then stops. Still one button, but doing it the right way. And cache stays pretty clean. (I usually don't have more than 25MB or 50MB in cache, which is nothing, even on a 16GB phone [it''s less than 1% of total storage].)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci