I have a Moto G5 Plus, and recently out of nowhere, a navigation bar appears at the bottom of my screen with three icons, a "back" button, a "home" button, a "recent apps" button, and three vertical dots, which does nothing. The buttons actually work, but I have had this phone for about 2 years, and it never had a navigation bar in the first place...it has the fingerprint reader button which I can push, or swipe to go forward or backward. Never ever have I had a navigation bar, and it keeps showing up and disappearing over apps like Chrome, Instagram, and Pokemon Go. What the heck is this and how do I get rid of it?
    02-18-2019 10:51 AM
    Welcome to the forums. It's possible that navigation bar is caused by a third party app that you downloaded. What happens if you long press the bayt or the three dots included in it? Try this, go to settings - apps & notifications - advanced - special app access - display over other apps and see which apps show up as 'Allowed'. Do you see any app that shouldn't be there?
    02-18-2019 11:01 AM
    I was looking at my installed apps and saw a blank app at the bottom of the list...looked suspicious to me, so I deleted it. Haven't seen the mystery navigation bar since, but since it appeared at random, I have to give it some time before I can say it is truly gone. Thanks!
    Javier P likes this.
    02-18-2019 01:11 PM
    I was looking at my installed apps and saw a blank app at the bottom of the list...looked suspicious to me, so I deleted it. Haven't seen the mystery navigation bar since, but since it appeared at random, I have to give it some time before I can say it is truly gone. Thanks!
    Excellent! Glad you managed to fix the problem.
    02-18-2019 02:02 PM