How to turn on Droid Turbo when the power button doesn't work?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an old Droid Turbo that I need to transfer some files from over to my new phone. But the power button doesn't work at all. How can I get it to turn on? I've tried to do some of the tricks I've found online, but all of them either fail or it requires me to use the power button to select a function on a booting screen, which I cannot do since the power button doesn't work. Thanks for your help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It won't. If the phone is off, you can't run the app to turn it on. Talk about lifting yourself up by your bootstraps.

The way of fixing the problem is called a repair shop - you have he power switch replaced. The problem is "old Droid", the repair will probably cost more than the phone is worth, and the OP just wants the files, not a daily driver.

So the real answer is always keep all files that you might want in the future backed up. There are enough free cloud accounts to back up everything any one person might have. Doesn't help the OP now, but paying %75 to fix a phone that's worth $30, that you're going to throw back into a drawer until it's no longer worth keeping is a bad option, even if it's the only option other than losing those files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae