I have had three mobile phones stolen from my home by a "friend" of mine (yes , I know I should keep better company) and have been trying to get there timeline from google. I have read that even with the location switched off I would still get a close location due to the triangulation of the phones reception to the towers.
    I know that they are still on and being used, as I can get so far and the laptop tells me that the phones are online and the percentage of battery life appears and the last sync is shown. But I can not get further. I have the phones on Vodafone and telstra and bought a cheap optus phone to tide me over and NONE of them can help, getting in touch with any human being at Google is impossible, (and it makes me so angry that we need their product, pay them money and they sit there flipping us off with the bird , as their help) useless. I was told to ask tech support for android, (this web site) but I have been looking for a way to reach them for hours and keep getting hit for money by this "Just Answer" dodgy looking scam, and if its not dodgy which it is, i am not paying a company to ask for help to use their products..
    02-19-2019 12:10 AM
    Login to your google account click on data and personalisation and scroll down to activity and timeline.
    02-19-2019 12:55 AM
    Okay. Got that. But how do i switch to get the location of stolen phones.
    All its showing is the history of the new phone i got after they were stolen.
    And thanks mate, you have been more help than several large companies combined.
    ab190670 likes this.
    02-19-2019 01:09 AM
    I know I have to switch devices buy cant find the way to do so.
    02-19-2019 01:11 AM
    Does anyone know how to switch devices, within GOOGLE TIMELINE, I cant find the way to do so.
    02-19-2019 02:17 AM
    sorry not sure how to swap devices as i only have one, and even though I've changed devices with the same google account it just shows it as one timeline.
    02-21-2019 10:14 AM