Why are my photo attachments not dowloading?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Huawei P20 Lite and whenever I try to send a High Res Image to my email, I cannot seem to download the attachment. It just shows up as a blank image. and when I click on it, it shows a broken picture icon. Have tried turning off and on, and clearing my cache. Lower quality photos are fine, so it must have something to do with the file size, but sometimes it works and sometimes it does not - help!!

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a Huawei P20 Lite and whenever I try to send a High Res Image to my email, I cannot seem to download the attachment. It just shows up as a blank image. and when I click on it, it shows a broken picture icon. Have tried turning off and on, and clearing my cache. Lower quality photos are fine, so it must have something to do with the file size, but sometimes it works and sometimes it does not - help!!
In my personal experience, the cause is that your email service or email software is blocking Large attachments. Typically email only allows 5 MB or less attachments. Enterprise Microsoft Office can be set up to allow 10 MB attachments, but that is rare.

My suggestions would be to either try sending lower resolution images, compressed images (jpg, png, gif) or you can try sending the in a ZIP file.

The only other option for sharing High Resolution images would be to upload the images to a Cloud Storage, such as Google Photos, Google Drive, Drop Box, One Drive, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34