Every time I schedule an installation for a software update, the update install fails to occur at the time that I schedule it. This forces me to manually install the software update, which is inconvenient, considering that I have no phone usage at the time of the installation. This has occurred with my Samsung Galaxy S7 and my S9.

Please advise, thank you
    02-19-2019 06:13 AM
    You can't "schedule" an update for some time in the future, you can either accept it when you get the notice or try to force it when you want it (in Settings - where depends on what version you're running). (And don't try more than once in 24 hours - after the first try you'll get a notice that the phone is up to date for 24 hours ... to keep people from trying to do an update multiple times and clogging up the servers.)
    02-19-2019 03:23 PM
    You can't "schedule" an update for some time in the future, you can either accept it when you get the notice or try to force it when you want it (in Settings - where depends on what version you're running). (And don't try more than once in 24 hours - after the first try you'll get a notice that the phone is up to date for 24 hours ... to keep people from trying to do an update multiple times and clogging up the servers.)
    I am given the option to schedule an installation of the software update. I choose a time such as 3:57am. It doesn't occur, in spite of my phone giving me the option to do so
    02-20-2019 01:03 PM
    Okay, not a phone I'm familiar with.

Do you leave the phone turned on at night. If you turn it off, it's not going to turn itself on at 3:57 AM to update.

Have you checked the update date (in Settings) before the update time, and then the next day? You could be getting a few security updates, and you'll get no more than one a day, until the phone is caught up. The update date will change, even though the version of Android won't.
    02-20-2019 03:46 PM
    I actually leave the phone on at night, and, yes, checked Settings to show time for scheduled install of the software update
    02-21-2019 08:52 AM