After uninstalling root I cannot update my software
    my phone is SM-J510FN
    the message is "Software Update The operating system on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Try downloading software updates using Smart Switch on your computer or visit a customer service center." I will be thankful if someone would help me with this, thank you.
    02-20-2019 01:51 PM
    Whatever you used to root it did something other than just root it. (Rooting consists of putting the file su in /usr/bin or /usr/xbin - that's all you need - unfortunately you can't get to /usr unless the phone is rooted, which is why it's so difficult for someone to fine an exploit to cause the phone to boot into rooted mode temporarily - but long enough to copy the file there.)

So you have to back up everything important - apps she installed (use Apk Extractor or App Backup & Restore to turn them into .apk files, so you can reinstall them later), pictures stored on the phone but not backed up to the cloud, texts (use SMS Backup & Restore), contacts if they aren't Google contacts (I don't know whether the J5 still allows Phone, Device or SIM contacts) and anything else.

Then flash the stock ROM (see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN). It's a bit scary the first time you do it, it's so boring I won't do a Samsung unless I have something else to do while it's doing its thing (it can take as long as 15 minutes of just sitting there, seemingly frozen), but that will give you the stock 7, 8 or 9 ROM (depending on what country you're in), and it will update.

But if you need a rooted phone, if you can unlock the bootloader on the J5, try using Magisk. (It's trivial to uninstall it, update, then reinstall it. [I do it every month with a Pixel 2, which gets an update every month so regularly that you can tell the date by whether the next update is available.]) It's not only root, it's systemless, so nothing in the system gets changed (it installs to the root.img file, so at worst you fastboot the file to the phone and it shows no sign of having been rooted), it has loads of modules that will only run with Magisk that you might want. (I use Magisk Charging Switch, to automatically start a charge if the battery drops below 40%, and to stop charging at 90%. But there are loads of others at Magisk-Modules-Repo.)
    02-20-2019 04:26 PM