I got my LG G4 nearly 4 years ago and have kept it mainly because the camera is so good. Now I have to upgrade but a little lost in all the options out there...

My main question is this: do aftermarket camera apps simply replace the Manual Mode which made my G4 so great or does it come down to hardware too?
    Thanks all
    And if it's not too much trouble, what phone would you recommend? The LG V40 is mighty attractive to me but not available Canada! Thanks all
    02-21-2019 07:37 PM
    I loved my G4, but I suffered the bootloop. I upgraded to the V20 and I still think it's the best total package. If you found one at a reasonable price and decent battery (or bought a replacement), I'd jump on it. I can't recommend anything else, really, because you lose a lot of features on newer phones.

Third party apps will be hardware limited. So things like the ability to save RAW files, exposure time limits, ISO limits ability to control which lens is used, etc. So you'll want to make sure whatever phone you get has strong manual controls to begin with.
    02-21-2019 07:51 PM
    Like Mooncatt, I loved my G4 until it bootlooped after 2.4 years.
    I upgraded to the LG V30 for many of the features and am very happy with it.
    The V30's camera is good but not great, but I have no complaints about it. I like the manual mode and DNG files.
    02-22-2019 12:38 PM