Hi, I bought Samsung Galaxy A8 yesterday to switch from a lousy old Huawei device. First thing I noticed is that I have to swipe down twice with my finger in order for the notification panel to drop down fully, where all the icons for the Wifi, Bluetooth, Mobile data, Location etc. are shown. I find the second swipe to be useless. I'd like to set it to only one swipe. This way I relocate the icons I use the most in the notification panel to the bottom right and have faster and easier access to them with my right thumb. Is this in any way possible? I am a user who likes to customize and adjust my smartphone to my own needs and habits so this is kind of important to me. Is there anyone I can write to add this functionality? I mean it's not that big of a deal to solve, a boolean here, a function there...
    Ps. I read about some Nova Launcher app. Is it capable of solving this problem?

Thank you!
    02-22-2019 06:00 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What if you swipe down with 2 fingers?
    02-23-2019 01:04 PM
    Ps. I read about some Nova Launcher app. Is it capable of solving this problem?

Thank you!
    Welcome to the forums. Yes, you can set a Nova gesture to open the quick settings panel. Only with the paid version though.
    02-23-2019 01:12 PM
    Thanks.
    A second swipe is useless, I'd like to be able to access features of my phone with the least amount of effort I can. Imagine you had to double tap the Chrome app icon (just like we double click with the cursor on a pc to open some folder or application) every time just to open the application.
    02-23-2019 03:17 PM
    Thanks Javier. How about a Gesture app? Do you recommend any?
    02-23-2019 03:19 PM
    Nova has gestures built in.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-23-2019 03:29 PM
    Thanks Javier. How about a Gesture app? Do you recommend any?
    No, sorry, I have only used Nova. Worth the price if you ask me.
    02-23-2019 03:45 PM
    Thanks.
    A second swipe is useless, I'd like to be able to access features of my phone with the least amount of effort I can. Imagine you had to double tap the Chrome app icon (just like we double click with the cursor on a pc to open some folder or application) every time just to open the application.
    Was this in response to my suggestion of swiping with two fingers? Just to clarify, I mean to swipe down once with two fingers instead of one. Of course, this is inconvenient if you're using the phone one-handed, but if you're using it with two hands, I wouldn't consider it any increase in effort at all.
    02-23-2019 05:14 PM
    B. Diddy,
    Yes, it was. I tried your suggestion with two fingers but it's still bothersome. I don't know how could Samsung miss this, or someone else did not report it/find it useless earlier. I do wish to use the phone with one hand. At least with my old Huawei device, when I scrolled the panel down, it used to come down to half the screen and I could reach it my thumb easily. But now I'd have to have a thumb the size of my middle finger to reach the damn panel icons. I'll keep searching for a solution, a launcher or a gesture app. If I find some, I'll post it here.
    02-24-2019 08:12 AM
    I'm not sure about the A8 but in many Samsung phones you can set gestures for the fingerprint sensor. One of the options is swiping once to open the notifications and twice for the quick settings panel. They are still to swipes but much easier for one-handed use.
    02-24-2019 10:46 AM
    Also, go to settings - display - home screen and see if you can enable the 'Quick-open notification panel' gesture.
    02-24-2019 10:53 AM
    The A8 also has that feature, Javier. Guess there's no way around it. I'm stuck with two swipes.
    02-25-2019 08:50 AM
    The A8 also has that feature, Javier. Guess there's no way around it. I'm stuck with two swipes.
    Well, it's that or use a launcher that includes gestures. Another possibility is using a shortcut creator and make a widget that opens the quick settings. Nova launcher free version can do this using Nova Actions.
    02-25-2019 09:02 AM
    I've long been using Microsoft Launcher (free - really liked it - formerly Arrow I think) and I have just found in Settings - Gestures that if I go to the Swipe down option, choosing Quick Settings instead of Notifications works a treat. One finger or thumb and the whole thing drops down even with a screen shot icon in Notifications.
    Javier P likes this.
    02-25-2019 09:19 AM
    Actually I found the trick is to not swipe from the notification shade, but a short flick from anywhere on the Home Screen. It does what you want, and it's easy to adapt to.

(I couldn't see how to edit and add to my previous post on the AC app)
    Javier P likes this.
    02-25-2019 09:25 AM
    @MadNine you're a saviour! I'm sticking with the Microsoft launcher, it solved my issue and provides extra useful features too! Thanks!
    anon(10583089) likes this.
    02-25-2019 12:35 PM
    FYI You can flip up the bottom Dock with Microsoft and find it's settings gear wheel icon on the right, plus you can also have quick settings icons there. I'm not sure if you can put them all there as well.

I've used Nova Launcher many times, and others but I'm not much of a tinkerer with so many different options. So when I downloaded most of Microsofts new apps a couple of years ago I really liked it without jiggling with it.

Pull down notification panel with one swipe?-screenshot_20190225-191645.jpeg
    02-25-2019 01:26 PM
    I tried the nova launcher too, but all the cool stuff were in the paid version which is a no-go for me. Microsoft launcher allows me to customize and tinker with my phone the most, which is highly appreciated.
    Cheers.
    02-25-2019 03:27 PM