S6 problem entering password on start up

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I recently posted asking for help with my S9 but my S6 (Verizon version) also has had issues for months that started immediately after the sim card was removed and installed in the S9. Every time I turn the phone on or restart with Gboard as the default keyboard, I have difficulty getting the keyboard to open so o can enter my password. When I use the original Samsung keyboard as default it automatically pops up and I enter my password as normal. With the Gboard the box to enter text shows but I can only get the keyboard to display only after tapping and holding as if I'm going to to copy text to my clipboard. I have to do this at least 10 times (sometimes 20-30) and then it will bring up the box to choose what keyboard I'm using. Then I can select a keyboard and enter my password. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it which did nothing, same results. Any help would be appreciated.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I've turned the phone on and off 5 times since clearing and it's helped to some degree. 3 of 5 were back to normal. Since it's not my primary device I may just live with it as is rather than send people on a wild goose chase when I'm starting to think there may be no permanent fix.