"Double Tap Screen to Unlock" keeps popping up in my screen.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

After much searching this is the only place that i have found anything on the problem that I'm having. The problem is the "Double Tap to Unlock" popping up on my call screen. I have done what is refered to as a soft reset (resetting the phone settings). Uninstalled all apps that were installed within 1 month before this happened. I have talked to Samsung and my carrier (US Cellular) about this. They are both stumped as to what is causing the problem. The ONLY thing that i have not done and trying to avoid at all costs is the factory reset. Side note, if i turn in the speaker phone after double tapping the screen the call goes through, it will also work if i have my Bluetooth headset connected. I have read the thread in the Galaxy S7 area. Is the anything else that had come up that I'm missing? Please help!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
After much searching this is the only place that i have found anything on the problem that I'm having. The problem is the "Double Tap to Unlock" popping up on my call screen. I have done what is refered to as a soft reset (resetting the phone settings). Uninstalled all apps that were installed within 1 month before this happened. I have talked to Samsung and my carrier (US Cellular) about this. They are both stumped as to what is causing the problem. The ONLY thing that i have not done and trying to avoid at all costs is the factory reset. Side note, if i turn in the speaker phone after double tapping the screen the call goes through, it will also work if i have my Bluetooth headset connected. I have read the thread in the Galaxy S7 area. Is the anything else that had come up that I'm missing? Please help!
I don't know the problem exactly, but that screen I normally see on cheap Samsung phones that don't have a proximity sensor. In your case, I would first open the hardware test mode on the phone and check if the proximity sensor is working.

Michael Felton1

Feb 26, 2019
Visit site
Sir,

I found a way to do a hardware test in my phone. Well doing this there was no response from the proximity sensor. I'm wondering if either my proximity sensor got disconnected, broke, or dirty in some way, because I recently had my battery changed in my phone due to a battery going bad. Either way I will be taking it back to the repair shop where they replace the battery and notifying them of this new information that I have found.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Michael

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12