Note 8 IMS not registered?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have 5 lines on Metropcs. Only my wifes Note 8 IMS setti g is not registered? Feature she is missing is read reciepts (advanced messaging) carrier is no help so far. Also, i have 2 relatives on tmobile using s7 and i can see when they are typing back and read reciepts why can this phone get ims registered???

dkfudge

Feb 27, 2019
Visit site
Ok thx, carrier is saying it's not the apn settings because text messages go through fine bit not as a "chat" message like all the other phones on plan. But, I can tell they dont know too much about this issue. I'll try later today.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Text messages go through the same path as voice, but the enhanced parts probably still use a different path, because RCS isn't fully implemented yet. (Actually, it's barely implemented. In the future, if they don't give up on it entirely, we should be able to text via internet, with no carrier involved. Files of any length too.)

dkfudge

Feb 27, 2019
Visit site
I agree RCS is barely being implemented right now. In this cell phone world doesn't seem like the carriers or Samsung which is the manufacture is No help to me so far. You're speaking to a diesel Field mechanic lol. Sorry but I work for a dealer for several years and we were the customers last line of defense, And I used every resource to figure out any issue customers had. These guys (carrier) don't even seem to know What APN setting is nor IMS. Thank you very much sir for responding I will keep you updated hopefully with a solution.

We live in a throw away and buy a new one world now,

Last edited by a moderator:

dkfudge

Feb 27, 2019
Visit site
Well still no luck, I still don't understand why "chat settings" is ghosted out .I would think that would have to be selected before anything could happen maybe with the firmware/software? Even if I change all the APN settings it is still ghosted out. The software is about the same on the s8, s9, and the notes 8&9 as I understand, so don't know why it would have anything to do with that. Damn Oreo crap though. If it were still nougat I could maybe switch it on.

My S9 is already on the new U1 Pie update from metro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae