I had my existing S7 Edge (we'll call it phone a) get replaced with new/refurbished S7 Edge (phone b.)

I had movies downloaded to the SD card from both vudu and google play. When I removed the SD card from phone a and installed to phone b, the phone can see my photos & self-made (non-downloaded) movies, but vudu and google play apps cannot 'see' any of the downloaded movies that (still) exist on the SD card. Based on the limited amount of free space left on the SD card, I know the downloaded movies are still on there somewhere...but, do I need to find and delete the movies on the SD card and re-download them from the new phone? Seems like extra effort?
    02-27-2019 11:45 AM
    That's because movies downloaded from all these apps are encrypted and 'locked' to a specific device and account, even if downloaded to SD card. Moving the card to another device, even if using the same account, will NOT allow you to use the same files as they're encrypted to the older phone's ID. You do need to re-download if you want to watch them offline.
    02-27-2019 12:45 PM