How to change Time zone on my Galaxy note 8

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When setting up my phone I accidentally put in the wrong time zone and now it only gives me options for different cities in that time zone and will not provide me with The Time zones that I need. I really don't want to factory reset in order to fix this is there any other way?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Open the clock by touching the clock on screen. Across the top there are tabs, you may default to your alarm tab, slide to the left or touch the world clock tab. touch the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and you should see, set home time zone, as an option.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or Settings > System > Date & time. Setting it to automatic should keep it within 1 or 2 seconds of the correct time. If it doesn't, contact your carrier - they'll want to know that their tower has a problem. (The tower should be using GPS time, which should be accurate to within 10^-9 second, anywhere in the world.)

If you have a situation where you're in one time zone and the tower is in another (which occurs in a few places in the world), you'll have to set it to manual time zone. (It will still use the time from the tower - which is UTC - but the hour will be correct.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm