So a couple days ago I was listening to music and talking on FB Messenger when suddenly my phone froze. It froze for a good 3-4 minutes before automatically rebooting. However, one it was switched on, it worked for 30-45 secs and then froze and rebooted again. Since then my phone has been in a continuous cycle of Freezing and Rebooting. I tried to factory reset but it didn't do anything good other than erase everything. I went to my Authorized Service Center and they were saying that the motherboard is dead. However, I'm not at all sold on this due to a few reasons:

1) I've read in various forums that when a motherboard is dead, then the phone stops working completely and goes into a "Bricked" mode. However, my phone isn't bricked. In fact, my phone still charges well with the charging sign showing when switched off. During the factory reset, the phone was switched off when the data were getting erased and it still was showing the sign of data erasing without any interruptions. Moreover, I can even access the soft boot screen by pressing the Vol. Down and Lock button.

2) The service center peeps were saying "Maybe the motherboard is dead". Ergo they themselves are unsure of whats wrong. So I don't trust them.

3) Many people in online forums were saying it's either IC issue or software issue.

So what do you guys think it is???

PS: I use a Lenovo K8 Note 64GB and it has only been a year and a couple months since I got this phone.
    03-04-2019 04:38 AM
    Sounds like software to me...
    03-04-2019 05:21 AM
    Sounds like you need to reflash the stock ROM. See Lenovo K8 Note (XT1902-3) - Fix Dead/Hard Bricked phone for pretty thorough steo by step instructions.
    03-09-2019 02:56 PM