I desperately need help. I have a P20 Pro that's under a year old. The LCD on it has been completely trashed. I have so many videos and photos of my son on there from the first year of his life and I'm completely heartbroken that I can't seem to recover them. The phone still acknowledges my thumbprint apparently, and it acknowledges when it's been plugged into the computer, but I don't have them backed up and I can't seem to find them off my SIM/being plugged in. I've documented so much of my baby's life, and I would be devastated if I lost it all. Someone please, please help!
    03-04-2019 10:30 PM
    It acknowledges your thumbprint so it's unlocking? Be careful that you don't power it down then until you've recovered your photos. For most if you power the device down you have to enter a pin/password/pattern upon restart and if you're screen is not visible this may be very difficult. What happens when you plug into a PC? Most devices will ask if you want to charge/file transfer/tether or share your internet connection or some other options unless one has been set as the default. Do you know what yours says or how it asks when you connect?

If you're not sure I found this tutorial that will show you approximately what you're looking for...
    https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/suppo...oResult=failed

While I understand that you can't see your screen often the digitizer is resilient and will work even when badly damaged. So your touch inputs may still register even if you cannot see what you are touching. You need to get to transfer files. Then when you plug in to the PC it should show up in your "My Computer" "This PC" or whatever yours says folder. Then it will be a simple matter of getting the photos off of the phone.

I feel your anxiety, I too just lost some irreplaceable data. Your heart races, your stomach falls out and with each memory of what you've lost it gets worse but you have to focus and work carefully. In the tutorial to the side there is a picture of the screen use the arrows to navigate and mimic the touches used to get the phone into file transfer mode.
    03-04-2019 11:19 PM