Hello, I am looking for a model number of an Android tablet that meets my needs.

#1 it must support 5G WiFi, I live in a WiFi congested building, and only 5G gives me an acceptible speed, 2.4 crawls.

#2 it must have screen mirroring, not casting, but mirroring since I do a lot of demos on how to use apps.

#3 I would prefer a smaller 7 or 8" tablet as my fingers hurt when I try to hold the bigger tablets.

#4 I would like 32GB of internal storage or something that can acutally run apps off an SD card, I'm an App-happy user.

I've been trying to find something that fits the bill but nobody ever seems to address #1 and #2 in their specs. My Sero 7 is now officially dead, and I need a new tablet, I've been shopping for a replacement for over a year, and just haven't found one.
    03-05-2019 08:49 AM
    #1 . 5G is a cellphone standard, I think you mean 5GHz. GSMArena lists Comms as dual band if the device is capable of 5GHz. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 is getting a little long in the tooth (it's a 2015 tablet), but it's 8", dual band and 32GB of (total, not user-available) storage. See https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gal...a_8_0-7121.php. The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 is also dual band, 8", available in 32GB or 64GB and is less than a year old. (And it runs a Qualcom SoC, which is the only thing I'd buy. I don't like MediaTek.) The newer tablets, with the exception of some of the "not a real name" Chinese junk, seem to all be running about 10".

#2 . That would be a Samsung tablet and a Samsung TV. There's no universal mirroring. Carrying a Chromecast with you, though, will allow you to cast the entire screen to any TV with an HDMI port. (And you can't mirror to a Samsung TV old enough to not have an HDMI port.)

#4 . Android sort of can - but that shortens the life of the SD card tremendously - and doesn't save much storage space, if any. Apps are moved to the SD card one class at a time, and each class leaves a symbolic link in internal storage to where it sits on the SD card. If the piece moved is about the same size as the link, all you did was add a bit of delay in running the app. (If the piece moved is smaller than the link, you've decreased the amount of free storage.)

Ignoring the shortening of the card's life, formatting it as adoptable (internal) storage eliminates the other problem but, due to the fact that running an app from the card shortens the life of the card (and most people with Samsung phones use Samsung cards) and if it fails during the warranty period (which it probably would), they'd be eating a lot of cards, so Samsung chose to not implement adoptable storage.

And since the only true mirroring is Samsung to Samsung (tablet to TV), you're asking for 2 mutually exclusive things, mirroring and adoptable storage.

I hope some of this helps.
    03-05-2019 05:18 PM