I recently purchased a refurbished pixel 2xl, and I'm hoping to find a resolution to my issue that I've been having without having to send it back in, as I've been without a phone for awhile. The finger print scanner hasn't worked since I started using the device. I've attempted a factory reset, I've performed updates, I've tried safe mode, I've tried the obvious cleaning of the sensor.

When I attempt to setup a finger print, I receive no error or any sort of hint that touch is being registered at all, just simply doesn't respond. Weird thing is, swiping down on the sensor pulls down the notification bar as it's supposed to. I read in another thread to install devchecker, and see if the fingerprint scanner is being recognized, and it is.

As I understand it, there is supposed to be a service running called com.fingerpint.something, but it does not show under system apps. Is there a way to reinstall/install this, and hopefully regain functionality of my scanner?

Any ideas/suggestions/questions would be greatly appreciated, as it's kind of nuisance not being able to use my fingerprint scanner.
    03-05-2019 06:55 PM