Hi guys,

Chris here. My Z10 is finally not fit for purpose anymore and I'm looking for a new phone on a contract with my fav provider here in the UK.

Based on a budget the only phones right now are the

1) Note 9
    2) Huawei Mate 20 Pro

Could anyone who owns a Huawei Mate 20 Pro let me know if Huawei updates / fixes their phones on a regular basis?

Maybe someone who uses Samsung as well. I love regular security updates and bug fixes. You'd help me a lot with this information.

Many thanks for taking your time.
    03-07-2019 04:09 AM
    Not sure about Huaweii, but you're not getting regular updates on Samsung. They've improved immensely in the past couple of years, and for the Note 9 you still get 'semi-regular' updates (it started out great for the first few months, then stalled... I was still on the Jan security patch until last week, although granted, that was mostly due to the carrier holding back the Pie update). Problem with Samsung is that once the 'new thing' comes out, updates for previous models slow down, and don't expect anything beyond two years (some devices have gotten some updates beyond that point, but they're sparse and not guaranteed, especially not into new OS versions).
    03-07-2019 05:16 AM
    Samsung depends on where you are in the world. In the US, it's been well documented that updates aren't consistent. However if you're not in the US and using an unlocked device, security updates come like clockwork in the middle of the month. I got the Feb 2019 patch on my S9 on Feb 20.

However if you're going locked outside the US, it would be dependent on your carrier network.
    03-07-2019 05:42 AM