does google offer way to remove their "activation lock" for if i can provide proof of ownership?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

does google offer way to remove their "activation lock" for if i can provide proof of ownership?

i help manage mobile phones for a company. does google offer way to remove previous user google acct info from a mobile device if i can provide company proof of ownership

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: does google offer way to remove their "activation lock" for if i can provide proof of ownership?

Welcome to Android Central! No, I don't think so. Sorry!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: does google offer way to remove their "activation lock" for if i can provide proof of ownership?

For future reference, I'm pretty sure there are apps designed for managing business phones to prevent something like this happening again. I suggest looking into them if you haven't already.

I'd also look in to your company policies. If there's something in the employee contract governing company provided phones (and there should be), I'm guessing there should be some sort of clause allowing you to charge them for the phone if they render it unusable like this. If this person still works there, threatening with that may convince them to remove their account.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

For future reference, I'm pretty sure there are apps designed for managing business phones to prevent something like this happening again.

I wonder if that kind of app would have to be installed and running before the current situation with the phone. In other words, would the phone have to be set up as part of an enterprise group first in order to have an administrator subsequently remove a Google account? Or could you take any old phone (like a used phone where the previous owner didn't properly remove their Google account) and use that kind of administrative app to remove the account?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if that kind of app would have to be installed and running before the current situation with the phone. In other words, would the phone have to be set up as part of an enterprise group first in order to have an administrator subsequently remove a Google account? Or could you take any old phone (like a used phone where the previous owner didn't properly remove their Google account) and use that kind of administrative app to remove the account?
I'm thinking the administrator privileges have to be set before allowing another account to be added, but that's just a slightly educated guess. I've never used those systems before, so I reserve the right to be wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol