I like the functionality of the Google Now Feed on my phone, but I recently decided to go back from using launchers to using stock stuff because I was noticing performance and battery hits (I know most people don't experience this, it just happens to me). I currently have an S8, and I'm looking at either the Mate 20 Pro, the S10, or the Pixel 3. The camera on the Pixel 3 already makes it have a colossal lead on the other two for me, as well as the pure android experience and the Google AI/other Google functionality built in. I've also heard bad things about people's experiences with Google, and I'm nervous to buy a phone that isn't as popular because it generally means less help online when something goes wrong. It's also a very unattractive phone.

Because of this, I've been looking at the S10 and the Mate 20 Pro, which based on the past pricing that Huawei and Samsung have done with their phones, should be cheaper than the Pixel 3 very rapidly. While I don't look forward to the bloat and garbage of another Samsung phone, the Mate 20 seems to be a fantastic phone...but will they let me use Google Feed and other Google functionalities without a launcher? Thanks.
    03-10-2019 01:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! As long as it's a phone that wasn't destined for China (which is mainly a concern for the Mate 20 Pro), you should be able to access your Google feed by simply opening the Google app. So just place an app shortcut for Google on the homescreen, and tapping that will open your Google feed.
    03-10-2019 01:27 PM