We had our Galaxy Notebook 10.1 for about 5 years ,recently it just dies as your using it on the battery but with charger plugged in. Looses date/time settings ,etc. Yet when it comes up after charging the date/time is correct again.

As you attempt to charge it , it charges but you can't use it until it charges to at least 50% , in the past it worked while it charged . . . at least I think it did.

Should it work as it is being charged ? And why now does it just quite instead of flagging you the battery needs charging ?

This just stated recently ,it has had the version 4.1.2 software the last 4 years or so. No other updates available.

An ideas ?
    03-11-2019 05:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The battery is clearly failing, which is not surprising given the age of the device. The battery has to have enough charge for the device to work -- I don't believe there's a way for the device to get power directly from the charging circuit. Considering that the device is running a very outdated Android version (that is no longer supported by Chrome, and probably many other apps), it's time to get a new, more modern device. Sorry!
    03-12-2019 05:20 PM
    I had asked this about a week ago but I can't find any response. So I'll try again.
    I have a Samsung Notebook Galaxy 10.1 that is 6 years old, it has been great.
    Recently it dies ( does a reset for no reason ) without warning ,no flag saying battery is low ,plug in ,etc. It use to do that. It does happen as battery gets low.
    When it comes back clock / date are wrong.
    What is wrong ,yes it is the original battery but there are times it works perfect. I spayed the charger plug and jack from changer with contact cleaner.
    Also shouldn't it work off of charger, because it is noted this problem occurs with a fully charged battey after about 1 - 1 1/2 hours of use ,shouldn't it keep working off the charger since changer is plugged in and connected at these times ? And again it doesn't flag you that battery is low before this happens.
    Thanks,
    Al
    03-15-2019 08:51 PM
    I merged your post with your original thread. If you want to be able to find your posts easily, and also respond within a thread that you created, you need to register: https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    03-15-2019 10:33 PM