Why won’t my contacts show via Bluetooth in my bmw 4 series.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Moto G5 which paired with my Bmw 3 series (2014) and showed my contacts ok. The 3 series didn’t have the option of Bluetooth music.
I changed my car to a 4 series (2015) which also has functionality to Bluetooth music which works fine. But the problem I have is the contacts do not show.
I have updated software in the car, my phone has the latest android software 8.1 but I still have the same issue. I have configured both contacts and media in idrive Bluetooth settings, tried unpairing and pairing several times but still cannot see my contacts. It’s states no records when I try and view contacts in idrive. I tried calling bmw tech help desk and all they could suggest was to upgrade the car /idrive software. They also stated that the moto 5 is not on their list of compatibile phones. But I challenged this as it worked in the 3 series although it was not on that list either. Can anyone help please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, on the phone, go to Settings>Bluetooth, tap the gear icon next to the car system, and make sure Contact Sharing is turned on.

If it is, then open the Contacts app on the phone, tap Menu, and look for the option to customize which contacts to display. Instead of choosing All, try selecting individual groups. I recall having to do that for my old 2008 BMW 535i, but that was a clearly older model, so I'm not sure if this will work the same way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech