03-14-2019 03:00 PM
    In what way? Longer time between charges? Improve the way a particular app is working? "Improve performance" could mean anything.)

(And please register an account so you can post in this thread - guests can't post to existing threads.)
    VidJunky likes this.
    03-14-2019 03:21 PM
    Without knowing the specifics about what kind of performance you're talking about, there isn't much else to say, except: The best way to improve performance on Android is to not install any apps that claim to increase performance.

Seriously, most of those apps do more harm than good. Some are ok, but avoid anything claiming to speed up the phone by clearing memory.
    Kodak2 and hallux like this.
    03-14-2019 04:04 PM
    Without knowing the specifics about what kind of performance you're talking about, there isn't much else to say, except: The best way to improve performance on Android is to not install any apps that claim to increase performance.

Seriously, most of those apps do more harm than good. Some are ok, but avoid anything claiming to speed up the phone by clearing memory.
    Taken the words right from my mouth, well keyboard but anyway this is true. Performance apps are anything but. They use your resources, constantly run in the background and more than a few are nefarious and actually push you or try to scare you into downloading other less than beneficiary apps. The same for anti virus apps. Keep up on your cache cleaning, restart your device every few days and you'll find that your performance will increase or at least not diminish. Also be aware of what you download on your device. Low rated apps can cause issues as well so always read reviews before installing.
    03-14-2019 09:43 PM
    Something to consider is that the device in question is now 5 years old (if I'm looking at the right one) and is likely to lose SDK/API support from Google this year, is it really worth putting in time and effort to prolong that device?
    03-14-2019 10:00 PM